In an ideal world, we would get all the vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids we need from our food. Thus; the ideal world does not exist, humans started their researches to survive by finding solutions and alternatives in order to achieve humans’ continuity.
A lot of things have changed in the last decades; an extraordinary amount of research has taken place in that time. The evidence to support the use of some supplements for some indications has strengthened, but the evidence to support the use of others has weakened. MAK Health tried to remain as objective as possible when choosing to produce different vitamins, minerals, herbs and other food supplements, therefore , we at MAK Health commit ourselves to use natural ingredients to always have positive impact on health, also we minimize the use of artificial substance such as those are used for tablets coating.
Despite the five a day campaign, however, surveys show that only one in eight British adults achieves this. The average intake is only two and a half portions of fruit and vegetable per day. Similarly, over 90 per cent of people do not eat the recommended three servings of wholegrains (rich in B vitamins) a day.
Even when we do eat reasonable amount of healthy foods, their nutritional content is often depleted without supplying our bodies with the daily needs, where it becomes very important to consider food supplements.
- All our supplements are not equivalent to medical treatment. Any person with a condition requiring medical attention should consult a qualified medical practitioner of suitable therapist.
- All suggested does are for adults only; specialist advice should be sought for supplementation in children.
- Where not otherwise stated, supplements may be taken for an unlimited period, until symptoms improve.
- Where no side effects are mentioned, no serious ones have been reported at standards doses.
- Some herbal supplements may interact with prescribed drugs. Always check with a pharmacist or doctor before combining herbs with drugs.
- Always tell your doctor what supplement you are taking.